doodleblue_mail

Personalized mails?

We get mails that are directed at us, with our names in the subject line and the body of the mail.

This has a high rate of open rate if coupled with meaningful take away for the customer in question.

Taking the example of a simple “Happy anniversary” mail, many would usually ignore it as obvious and lacking value. If however, the email drives customer engagement and sales, then it turns to be highly valuable.

Personalization covers the entire stretch from one-off emails targeting specific events or dates to continuous campaigns that use multiple data points to deliver tailored customer experiences.

However, it is clear that brands that aren’t maximizing their efforts are clearly lagging behind in upping their marketing game.

Here are some tips and tricks –

Define your Personalization “Goals” clear

Ideally, the goals should help grab and sustain customer attention. It can be in the form of a follow up mail of educative content for the customer/information about specific events that might interest the customer.

Every piece of content should be relevant and valuable, not just the first.

The next vital thought would be of the delivery method where it should facilitate the message delivery with its relevancy to the customer.

Segmentation is not Personalization

Marketers usually assume that just by typing out personalized content and sending it out to a large database, it is still personalized.

Customers have grown out of this razzmatazz and can now see through the mail content easily and ignore it, because it is still generalized to them.doodleblue_mail1

Sure, this broad strategy may land with the 5 percent of customers who may not notice a difference, but it can alienate the other 95 percent.

It certainly won’t help in building a long lasting relationship that you hope, personalization will establish.

Never stop learning about, from your customers

While it may seem like this concept has been there forever, marketing is yet to nurture the growth. The best methods are still be discovered by trial and error method.

The key is to never stop mailing your customers, learn their activity, their interests and their need.

Customers are constantly giving feedbacks about the kind of communication, they prefer. Analyzing the data and tweaking the lead to a successful business in the future.

Paying attention to customer interaction is the takeaway here and it will always pay

off, when read right.

Collaborator: Shruti Balakrishnan

Author: Tripti Chordia

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s